Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back Home!

We are home for good for a while, from vacationing with our families. Zach's back at work, and I am back to the job search. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do, but it may or may not consist of phone calls, school visits, emails, and who knows what!

Blue AngelsImage via Wikipedia
We had a great time in Florida. We ate lots of great food, spent some time at the beach, visited a couple of cool places, ate lots of good food, and just had fun with my family. The beach was pretty good. The weather started out a bit rainy and there was a bit of algae and seaweed at first, but everything cleared up real nicely. I somehow managed to get some oil on my foot and swimsuit the first day, but really the oil is all cleared out at Pensacola at the moment. We didn't have any more run-ins with oil and I don't think it's a problem right now.  Boy, that stuff it hard to get off! We also went to the Pensacola Lighthouse, Fort Pickens, and The National Naval Aviation Museum. The Blue Angels were in town practicing for their air show (which was earlier today). We weren't able to stay for the big air show, but we got some up close and personal views of them doing stunts. It was pretty spectacular!

On the way home, we decided to stop and have a dinner and a movie date night. We went and saw Eclipse at one of our favorite movie theaters. [Zach is really the best because he likes all types of movies (except Lifetime!). I love not having to convince him to see certain movies. He still likes very boy/guy movies that I'm not always super excited about seeing. Most of the time, I don't mind because I usually end up liking them more than I expected.] I enjoyed it, probably the most of the three. Now I am no Twilight Fan. It's way overrated in my opinion. I started the first book, got about 50 pages in, put it down, and never picked it back up. I really don't think they're very good or very well written. Just my opinion. Read if you wish; I won't think less of you. Now I AM a huge Harry Potter fan. I love the books and can't wait for the next movie. In fact you should check out the trailer here. I also can't wait for the next Narnia installment, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. You should watch that trailer here. I basically jump and quiver with excitement when seeing these trailers on the big screen. Still waiting for the HP trailer to be in theaters. Speaking of movies, what's with all this 3D movie hype?!?! I don't buy it.

Well that's it for now. Maybe later I'll come around to uploading some pictures, maybe...

P.S. I added this Zemantra Assistant, but I think it's making typing out my blog suuuuuper slow. I like it because it makes it easy to add pics and stuff, but this is ridiculous. I suppose I will look for something else. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE seeing the blue angels!! What a magnificent show they put on!

    I'm not sure what Zemantra Assistant is, but I use Windows Live Writer to write my blogs. LOVE IT, it's easy to use, quick and tons of options for photo uploads, editing and cropping! If you have Windows Live Messenger downloaded on your computer there's a good chance you already have Live Writer downloaded too!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will check that out. It sounds really great.

    ReplyDelete