Friday, July 2, 2010

Life as I know It

Let's see, I'm happily married to my amazing husband, and we just celebrated our one year anniversary. I can hardly believe it's been a year! It has been so much fun getting to know him in this amazing thing we call marriage. He works pretty odd hours sometimes. Well, most of the time really. Usually he works until midnight or overnight. I don't love the hours, but we both know that we are blessed that he has that job. Most of the time, things work out pretty well, despite the crazy hours.

For over a year now, I have been looking for a teaching job. I graduated from an amazing university and did pretty well there. I have a passion for kids, always have, and I love teaching them and seeing them learn and grow. For this reason, it's been hard not being able to live out my passion in the way I want to. I do however believe that God has a reason that I don't have a job yet. It has been a big step, learning to trust Him with this part of my life. I go through periods of discouragement, but my God is big and does amazing things, and I know He can do this. I believe that He is going to provide me with a teaching job. I would love for you to pray for me to get this job, but most of all for me to trust Him no matter what, and to have discernment in whatever job offers do or do not come. I want to use this blog to document my job struggle (and whatever else comes along), so that when I do get a job, God gets the glory for it.


If you haven't noticed, I am a follower of Christ. This doesn't mean I am perfect, but it does mean that I live for a higher purpose and reason. God is a very loving and personal God. He cares about me and you. If you ever have any questions or want to get to know God yourself, feel free to comment or email me and I'll do my best to introduce you to my wonderful Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment