Monday, May 20, 2013

Busy Weekend

Well, we had a super busy weekend. Zach’s parents are in town from India, so we have been meeting with them to eat, and eat, and eat some more. Both of our families really appreciate good food, so it is nice when they treat us to a meal (which is a lot!). Saturday, we had a late lunch with them and got to meet my bother-in-law’s girlfriend. She’s super nice and a teacher, so we have lots to talk about. Sunday, we went to church, and then we helped out some friends. Our friend is a pilot, and he has to go out of state for training. Zach took him to the airport while I stayed at their house with their baby until his wife got home. If you know me at all, I don’t like babies/kids. I LOVE them, especially when they are super cute. He was just precious, and  is only the 2nd or 3rd baby I have contemplated keeping, you know just in case the parents decide to give them away or something. Unfortunately, all the concerned parents are absolutely smitten with their babies. Bummer! I guess I’ll just have to wait a few years for my own. I just hope our baby is as cute. Anyway…after we left, we went to Zach’s grandparent’s house and ate and played games. We headed home around 6, and STILL had to do our Sunday shopping. Ew…

So, I have decided (last August if I’m honest) that I am ready for summer. I don’t know if I can make it. These kids, oh my! I think one of my favorite (yes, we have favorites!) kids is leaving a couple of weeks early. Now normally this wouldn’t make me that sad, but he is super sweet. He always tells me how much he likes me, and how he “really mean[s] that.” He was picking up my laminating trash today without me asking. He also gives me about 10+ random hugs a day. I would be happy to send away some of my other kids. However, any elementary teacher knows that the worst behaved kid is there every single day. I think we all know why. 11 1/2 days, not that I’m counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment